It is naturally cholesterol free, low in fat, this fibre rich cereal digests easily.
• Great source of fibre, containing both soluble and insoluble fibre. This high source of fibre means a healthy intestine and colon as this whole grain acts as a fuel source to the friendly bacteria in your stomach.
• Improves digestion and helps with weight loss as it makes you feel fuller longer.
• Aids in the lowering of cardiovascular diseases as it helps to lower high cholesterol levels, it does this by inhibiting the bad cholesterol that can be absorbed by your intestine.
• Improves heart health by controlling the production and metabolism of cholesterol which prevents dangerous blood clotting and helps to control cardiovascular processes like heart rhythms
• Considered a smart grain for those who have diabetes as it helps to slow the rate at which sugar is released into the blood stream
Tip: Perfect for substituting wheat or white flour. Barley contains gluten (protein that causes bread to rise). However, the gluten will not be a significant source to result in a fluffy and well risen bread.
100% Barley in bread or muffins will result in a dense texture
25-50% Barley substitution bread or muffin will be fluffy and moist.
Great natural and fibre rich thickener for soups and sauces